Hello, everyone! As I said before, I've been playing Axie Infinity since July, and after updating to the new version, my Axie lineup is widely regarded as "out meta," with a low win rate when playing Arena. However, I continue to gain around 200-230 SLP per day as an average. Many of you find this difficult to believe, so I'll explain how I play Arena, as well as the psychology of facing other difficult opponents.
My Axie squad which was purchased in July and was in the "cheapest" category at that time
When I meet an opponent who has an Aqua - Beast - Plant lineup, here's how I beat it:
- I usually use Spicy Surprise and Vegetable Bite cards for the first hit.
- The effect is that in the next turn, I can "block" the opponent's Vegetable Bite move (stealing Energy) and steal the opponent's Energy through the Vegetable Bite card.
Note: If your opponent has Carrot Hammer card, the Spicy Surprise card should be played first. Because if the armor is broken, this card will have an energy restore effect, and we will break its armor and steal Energy after it is restored.
If I don't have a card as I wish, I'll either skip the turn or prioritize another card to steal Energy in the first turn.
=> This turn I will consume 1 Energy and will have 4 Energy in the next turn
- The next turn, I'll use the cards to increase the Plant's armor, with the goal of consuming the opponent's Energy, and I believe the opponent will use the armor card as well. So. It will be a waste if you put the damage right away.
=> This time I only use 1 Energy, and will have 5 Energy in the next turn
- The 3rd turn, I'll use Mech and Aqua to deal damage, but my Plant will be defeated.
Normally, I only need 4 Energy to kill the opponent's Plant, which includes 2 Aqua cards and 2 or 3 Mech cards. Priority must be given to cards that can restore Energy for the next turn when using Mech's cards.
=> This turn will use about 4 Energy, plus at least restore 1 more Energy, so the next turn I will have 4 Energy
- The 4th turn. I will skip this turn, my Mech will die
=> Next time I will have 6 Energy
- The 5th turn, regardless of whether your opponent's Aqua or mine is hit first, I'll kill your opponent's Beast with four cards with the weakest armor. This turn is based on "luck"; if my opponent uses 4 cards, I lose; however, I believe he will discard his turn because he used 3 cards to kill my Mech the previous turn, so getting 4 cards this turn will be difficult.
=> This time I will use 4 Energy, and next turn will have 4 Energy
- The 6th turn, I use all 4 cards with the highest armor and always have a Speed up card so that if the opponent doesn't die, I have a chance to hit first in next turn.
- 7th turn, if I get hit first then I win.
My win rate with this strategy is usually around 70%, but it depends on a variety of factors such as the opponent's lineup, your cards and the opponent's, and the rate of "good" cards. However, by making minor adjustments based on the above factors, I can maintain a win rate of up to 70%.
The article is simply my personal opinion; everyone has their own method of forming a team and fighting, and I wish you all the best of luck!
Ancient8 is Vietnam’s biggest blockchain gaming guild built by Coin98 Labs, Kyros Ventures and Coin68 Media. Ancient8 aims to recruit millions of gamers and communities into the GameFi, NFTs, and Play-To-Earn Era. Ancient8’s scholars will not only have a chance to play the latest and trending blockchain games but also earn an income for their contribution to the future of the Metaverse.