As you can see, topics such as how to play Axie and which team is the best are frequently discussed in Axie communities. Losing Axie is one topic that is becoming increasingly obvious with each passing day.
Today, A8 wants to share some basic information security knowledge with everyone; prevention is better than a cure, so don't wait until you've lost Axie to realize you've lacked security . Everything that happens to you is due to your lack of knowledge.
1/ Computer security:
Computer security is critical, especially in this financial market, because everything you store on your computer is irreversibly lost if someone hacks into it.
So, how can you effectively secure your computer?
- You must have licensed anti-virus software; I am currently using the Kapersky Total Security version, which is cheap (around $ 20 - $ 30), but provides excellent protection. When I visit a website that contains malicious code, the files automatically download to my computer; however, Kapersky will block that. Furthermore, when you sign in, Kapersky encrypts your passwords so that the tracking software cannot read them. If you don't have it yet, buy it now! It is cheap and provides users with perfect performance.
When you click on a link, you should always be cautious because it could contain malicious code, allowing hackers to quickly gain access to your computer. Anti-virus software can't always help you, so always be cautious!
Cracked software should not be used. One of the simplest ways to catch viruses on your computer is by using cracked software. You can't usually install these programs while Kapersky is running. If you turn off Kapersky and reinstall it due to a mistake, you will be unable to save any data you save on your computer from that moment.
Important files, such as the seed phrase, can be hidden and given an unrelated name, like "selfie," which is another way to ensure its safety. If you need to repair your computer, the service will have access to your computer and will be able to see your files; however, if you have hidden the file, it will be safer.
2/ Secure your Gmail:
Read the article and go to the Security section of Gmail right now if you haven't! Link to access the security section: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- In the 2-Step Verification section, select On to activate the layer 2 security mode, which is also known as 2FA. To enable 2FA, you'll need to install Google Authenticator.
- Please read this article carefully for details on how to use the Google Authenticator as well as important notes: https://coin98.net/google-authenticator
- Always set the recovery phone number as well as the recovery email!
3/ Secure your Ronin wallet:
- When you create a wallet, you will have 12 seed phrases, and the point here is where do you keep it?
There will be many options, but I will share mine, which I believe is the best. You are welcome to use it!
I'll create a folder in which I'll save a seed phrase file. Hide the folder by giving it an unrelated name. However, before hiding the file, please upload it to Google Cloud and make sure your email is secure. We're putting the file on Google Cloud so that we can get it back if your computer breaks down.
4/ Download Axie Infinity:
- Please make sure you have entered the correct download link of Axie Infinity to avoid downloading from fake links
Download link: https://welcome.skymavis.com/download/
When you give a scholar account to play, the only thing you need to give is a QR code, nothing else is needed!
I hope that this article has provided you with some useful information about information security. If you enjoyed it, please share it with your friends so that everyone can help keep the asset.
Ancient8 is Vietnam’s biggest blockchain gaming guild incubated by Coin98 Labs, Kyros Ventures and Coin68 Media. Ancient8 aims to create a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) that develops a platform to enable everyone to play and build the metaverse while earning rewards. Besides, we offer scholarships, educational content for equal economic opportunities in the metaverse.